Rolling Out Soon: Our Largest-Ever Bus Service Expansion
Thirteen lines will soon have more frequent buses or will run for more hours. We’ll also be bringing back 24-hour service to two lines, the first time we’ve offered all-night service since 1986! Most of these improvements will roll out this September with the remainder coming in March 2019.
Here’s the increased bus service you’ll soon see:
- Lines 61, 64, 66 and 68 — all of which serve OHSU and Marquam Hill — will have expanded hours of operation.
- Line 81-Kane Rd/257th will have more than 20 additional weekday buses.
- Line 24-Fremont will be extended across the Fremont Bridge.
- A new all-night bus — Line 272 — will go to Portland International Airport.
- Line 4-Division/Fessenden — one of our longest and most popular routes — will be split into two lines to help keep buses on time.
- Line 20-Burnside/Stark and Line 57-TV Hwy/Forest Grove will run 24 hours a day.
- Line 73-122nd Ave will have increased weekday service with buses arriving every 15 minutes most of the day.
- Line 96-Tualatin/I-5 will have more service with 25 new mid-day buses between Tualatin and Portland.
We’re also moving forward with important safety and security upgrades, a low-income fare, buying new buses (including five new battery-electric buses) and continued work on the Division Transit and Southwest Corridor projects.
Riders Club is where TriMet riders go for news, behind-the-scenes features, and fun transit-related stuff.